God is Closer to You than Your Self
Courtesy of My-Inspirational-Quotes.com
1. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
2. Make each day your masterpiece.
3. Manifest plainness, embrace simplicity. Reduce selfishness, have few desires.
4. If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint,” then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
Vincent Van Gogh
5. Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
6. Fall seven times, stand up eight!
7. I am bigger than anything that can happen to me. All these things, sorrow, misfortune, and suffering, are outside my door. I am in the house and I have the key.
Charles Fletcher Lummis
8. Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.
William Ellery Channing
9. The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
10. No pressure, no diamonds.
11. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of a man is to live, not to exist.
12. Everything you need is already inside. Just do it.
Bill Bowerman (Nike)
13. Get action. Seize the moment. Man was never intended to become an oyster.
14. Some people dream of success… while others wake up and work hard at it.
15. The best dreams happen when you’re awake.
16. God, grant me the serenity to accept things that I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can; And the wisdom to know the difference.
Dr. Reinhold Niebuhr
17. You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
18. Start living now. Stop saving the good china for that special occasion. Stop withholding your love until that special person materializes. Every day you are alive is a special occasion. Every minute, every breath, is a gift from God.
Mary Manin Morrissey
19. To change one’s life; Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly. No exceptions.
20. Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.
21. There will be sleeping enough in the Grave.
22. Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got a hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.
George Bernard Shaw
23. Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
24. If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realizing that you are the author and everyday you have the opportunity to write a new page.
25. Don’t make me walk when I want to fly.
26. A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them.
Leonard Louis Levinson
27. Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.
28. The best is yet to be.
29. I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply all my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.
30. We were born to succeed, not to fail.
Henry David Thoreau
31. Tough times never last, but tough people do.
Dr. Robert Schuller
32. Carpe diem. (Seize the day.)
33. Nobody ever drowned in sweat
US Marine saying
34. Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good.
Vince Lombardi (one of the most successful coaches in the history of American football in his first team meeting as Packers coach)
35. Throw your heart over the fence and the rest will follow.
Norman Vincent Peale
36. Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail.
37. Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
38. Reach up as far as you can and God will help you reach the rest of the way.
39. Never, never, never give up.
Winston Churchill ( In his later years, Winston Churchill was asked to give the commencement address at Oxford University. Following his introduction, he rose, went to the podium, and said the above 5 words. Then he took his seat.)
40. Our greatest glory is not in never failing but in rising up every time we fail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
41. It’s easy enough to be pleasant, when life flows along like a song, but the man worthwhile is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong.
42. Everyday, give yourself a good mental shampoo.
Dr. Sara Jordan
43. Realize that true happiness lies within you.
44. When one door of happiness closes, another opens: but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
45. If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
46. Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn’t people feel as free to delight in whatever remains to them?
Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy
47. Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers, but to be fearless in facing them. Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it.
48. This is what you shall do: Love the earth and sun and the animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God.
49. In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.
50. If you cannot be a poet, be the poem.
51. Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine.
52. Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better.
53. Celebrate your success and find humor in your failures. Don’t take yourself so seriously. Loosen up and everyone around you will loosen up. Have fun and always show enthusiasm. When all else fails, put on a costume and sing a silly song.
Sam Walton (founder of Walmart)
54. Keep your face to the sunshine and you can never see the shadow.
55. Those who wish to sing, always find a song.
56. Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
57. Defeat is simply a signal to press onward.
58. Don’t count the days, make the days count.
59. Rest but never quit. Even the sun has a sinking spell each evening. But it always rises the next morning. At sunrise, every soul is born again.
60. Don’t hurry, don’t worry. You’re only here for a short visit. So be sure to stop and smell the flowers.
61. Love all. Serve all. Help ever. Hurt never.
62. Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine.
63. Dance as though no one is watching you,
Love as though you have never been hurt before,
Sing as though no one can hear you,
Live as though heaven is on earth.
64. You will find, as you look back upon your life, that the moments when you really lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.
65. Someday, after we have mastered the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love. Then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.
Teilhard de Chardin
66. We do not sing because we are happy, we are happy because we sing.
67. Waste no tears over the grieves of yesterday.
68. The moon lives in the lining of your skin.
69. He who climbs above the cares of this world, and turns his face to his God, has found the sunny side of life.
70. Never think that God’s delays are God’s denials. Hold on; hold fast; hold out. Patience is genius.
Georges-Louis Leclere De Buffon
71. It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get back up.
72. Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.
73. Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
74. Use what talents you possess; The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.
Henry Van Dyke
75. When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.
76. Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind.
Leonardo Da Vinci
77. You must not only aim right, but draw the bow with all your might.
Henry David Thoreau
78. Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.
Robert F. Kennedy
79. So long as there is breath in me, that long will I persist. For now I know one of the greatest principles of success; If I persist long enough I will win.
80. Success and rest don’t sleep together.
81. The world has the habit of making room for the man whose words and actions show that he knows where he is going.
82. We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
83. If you’re going through Hell, keep going.
84. Where the willingness is great, the difficulties cannot be great.
85. Remember the storm is a good opportunity for the pine and the cypress to show their strength and their stability.
Ho Chi Minh
86. In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.
87. When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.
88. In the middle of a difficulty lies opportunity.
89. God never sends us more than we can handle.
90. When you come to a roadblock, take a detour.
Mary Kay Ash
91. Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
92. It is defeat that turns bone to flint; it is defeat that turns gristle to muscle; it is defeat that makes men invincible.
Henry Ward Beecher
93. The things that hurt us teach us.
94. What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight – it’s the size of the fight in the dog.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
95. The oyster turns into pearl the sand which annoys it.
Sidney Newton Bremer
96. There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
97. Light tomorrow with today.
Elizabeth Barrett Browning
98. Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
99. If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
Henry David Thoreau
100. A year from now you may wish you had started today.